My little brother, Garin just graduated high school. I’m particularly pleased with his college plans as he will be doing his undergraduate in Electrical Engineering at my very own Alma Mater, UNL. Granted, his academic ambitions reach further than mine did—his end goal is biomedical engineering. As part of his graduation gift, Tara and I compiled a UNL bucket list to keep the kid busy for four years. Since he’s already received his gift, I’m repurposing the list as a blog post. Hope you’re OK with that, Garin.
1. Juggle with the UNL Juggling Club
2. Go climbing at the Rec
3. Play racquetball at the Rec
4. Use the sauna at the Rec
5. Attend service at the Lutheran Center
6. Study in the Sculpture Garden
7. Make-out in the library stacks
8. Study at the Coffee House
9. Go to Jazz in June
10. Get drunk on O St.
11. Parkour on your way home from O St.
12. Pee on a coal train
13. Eat lunch on East Campus
14. Get Ice Cream from the Creamery
15. Take a class that has nothing to do with your major
16. Go on a Campus Rec trip
17. Road trip to Hell, MI
18. Spring break in the mountains or at the beach
19. Take a walk in Pioneer Park
20. Play an intramural sport
21. Play Ultimate in the Cook
22. See an indie film at the Ross
23. See a play at the Black Box
24. Yell something at the cross-bearer on P St.
25. Grab lunch at Bison Whiches
26. Spend the night at Nebraska Hall
27. Use the urinals in Arch Hall
28. Sit on the Berm for a baseball game
29. Go to a football game (duh)
30. Get a fishbowl at Duffy’s
31. Go to a Roller Derby match
32. Go to a concert at Knickerbockers
33. Go to Morrill Hall
34. Go to the Sheldon Art Museum
35. Take a Dance Lesson
Reader participation time! What did we miss?