Here It is. The much awaited, highly anticipated Absolutely Andrew Endorsement List. I’ve gotten a lot of comments on here lately from readers wanting to know how Tara and I are so awesome. Stuff like: “Andrew, I may be the favorite son, but you’re definitely the coolest” from Ben, or, my favorite: “You should have called this blog Awesome Andrew” from anonymous. Anyway, here is a list of the tools we use that make us so awesome, and some stuff we just plain like!
1. Mass Transit–Otherwise known as the Absolutely Andrew Mobile Offices, the commuter train makes my commute far more enjoyable and helps the environment too! Kudos to whoever can tell me where the word “commuter” comes from!
2. Cast Iron Skillets–A much more rewarding cooking experience than in non-stick. Tastier too!
3. Canvas Tents–These roomy, durable tents will last a lifetime. Tara and I spent more time considering how our future family would fit in our tent than we did when we bought our house.
4. Subaru Outbacks–The ultimate adventure car
5. DevonSupertramp–Possibly one of the biggest Youtube sensations in the history of internet video, this Utah native has created his own new genre of adventure film. Although the style is heavily emulated and a little overused these days, it still never fails to put me in a good mood.
6. Bon Iver, The Lumineers, Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros, Of Monsters and Men–Because my musical tastes have evidently mellowed out significantly since college.
7. Sundance Films–Because you never know what you’re going to get.
8. Google+–I have to admit, it has some cool features, and less whining.
9. Homebrew–The ultimate relaxation hobby with ridiculously tasty payoff.
10. Snow on Pine Boughs–Absolutely beautiful. An excellent indicator of how good the powder is going to be as well.
11. Running on snow-covered trails–Totally different running experience. Equally rewarding.
12. GoPros–but only if POV is balanced out with other, more unique angles.
13. Giant Trance Mountain Bikes–Super awesome while remaining super affordable.
14. Chill weekends at home–Perhaps this is a sign we’re growing older, but do-nothing weekends are totally bomb.
16. The Gamma Rays–Best Rock/Punk cover band ever.
17. Getting up out of the inversion
18. Stationary Bikes–nothing beats reading and exercising at the same time!
19. Non-Stationary Bikes–unless it is riding an actual bike!
20. GPS Watches–Reduce the urge to share the results on facebook.
21. The unlimited possibilities of a tarp and rope.